Malaga bullring

The Plaza de toros de La Malagueta – Málaga Bullring in La Malagueta – is a neomudéjar-style hexadecagon inaugurated in 1874, with the first event being held in 1875.

Malaga bullring

In 1976 the Plaza de toros de La Malagueta was denominated a cultural asset of Spain, or BIC.

The bullring was renovated in 2010 and the arena now has a capacity for 9,032 spectators. The ring itself measures 52 metres in diameter and the complex includes 4 large pens, 10 small holding pens, stables, dressing rooms, a first aid post for when the bull wins, administrative facilities and the Museo Taurino Antonio Ordóñez.